(Click the red icon on the right for a PDF version)
Accessing your child's planner
As a parent, there are multiple ways you can stay aware of your child’s workload and progress.
This section covers the most complete way to have access to your child’s planner, including each task and progress.
This will also automatically subscribe you to our weekly email reports on the state of your child’s tasks.
You might require a more limited access to your child’s planner if you prefer to add their planner to your regular calendar. Documentation is available on both of these options:
Creating your parent account
In order to receive your invitation to join Studyo, your child must Invite you as their parent directly from the Studyo interface. Here are the required steps for you to follow:
1. Your child must go to the Settings menu (Gear) and tap the Sharing icon next to their configuration
2. Choose “Invite my parent…” from the menu
2. Your child must enter “their” name and “your” email and tap “Invite”
3. You will receive an email inviting you to verify you are their parent
4. Note the code provided in the resulting web page
The process is the same wether you use the web version of the iOS app on your iPad or iPhone
5. Using the Web version of Studyo (http://app.studyo.co) create your account
You can create a Studyo account, or authenticate using Google.
6. Click on “Enter a code” and enter the code you received in the previous step
You will now have access to a read-only version of your child’s planner
IMPORTANT: If you disconnect from Studyo (from the gear menu) you do not ever have to use the code again. Simply use your Studyo username and password (or Google) to connect. The same process applies to access this account on another device, your username and password will always give you access and the code is no longer necessary.
You can also watch a video tutorial of this feature.
Information on the weekly reports
When your child invites you to create your Studyo account, you are automatically registered to receive weekly email reports of their workload.
At this time, there is no action required on your part other than the creation of your account.
If for any reason, you wish to Unsubscribe from these reports, please contact us at email@example.com with the details of your account/email and we will assist further.
Make sure emails are not filtered
With so much unwanted email being sent, sometimes we also fail to receive the ones we want. Plase ensure you have added “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your address book and that these emails are not filtered.
Here is what you can expect every week (typically on Friday at the end of the day or the evening)
Subscribing to a calendar version of your child's planner
This section covers the instructions to subscribe to a standard calendar version of your child’s planner.
You might prefer gaining full access to your child’s planner directly through Studyo as well as receive weekly emails on their tasks and schedule, so we invite you to refer to the following sections on these more advanced tools:
Having access to a calendar version is useful in a few scenarios:
- To combine the planner with your personal and family calendars in one place
- To view the calendar on a device which does not run Studyo such as Android Phones (tablets are supported via the web), Windows phones or Blackberry.
- To leverage built-in calendar tools on iOS devices such as the day widget.
Subscribing to a calendar view of your child’s planner
1. On your child’s device, go to the Settings menu (gear) and tap the sharing icon next to the configuration for their school
2. Send the link to yourself via email
Mac, iOS and Windows
3a. When you receive the email, CLICK the link to subscribe to the calendar
If you use standard built-in calendars such as Outlook on Windows or Calendar on Mac OS or iOS, simply click on the provided link and be subscribed to the calendar. It will then update when your child changes it.
Android & Google Calendar
3b. When you receive the email, COPY the provided link
Android phones actually use Google Calendar to manage calendar subscriptions. So you can follow the same instructions. If you are using an Android tablet, you can also create a parent account using the web version of Studyo which works fine on such devices.
4. Go to Google Calendar in your web browser
5. Select “Add by URL” in the Other Calendars section
6. Paste the URL you copied from the email and click “Add Calendar”
Details on the calendar version of the planner
Calendars are more restricted than Studyo in what kind of information they can display. We’ve made it as clear as possible for you to have access to the information.
In all views, the Day # is displayed in the header of every day
The title of each class indicates how many tasks are not yet marked as done and the total number of tasks on that day
If an exam occurs on a day, a star is displayed in the title
The Agenda view is a nice way to look at the upcoming week:
Additionally, if you wish to see the list of tasks in more detail, you can click on “More details” in Google calendar or double-click on your calendar event on your desktop calendar.